I.- Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
The User may contact the SmartDegrees Legal and Regulatory Compliance Area through firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any doubt or need regarding data protection.
II.- With what purpose do we treat your personal data?
The User is hereby informed that SmartDegrees will be able to process the personal data that the User provides through the online forms or during the registration process to benefit from any of the SmartDegrees products or services, for the purposes that indicate below, to the extent that there is a legal basis for each treatment as explained below:
- The provision of digital authentication services, accreditation of university degrees and other relevant information by electronic means, through the use of blockchain technology, allowing the persons and entities with which the User interacts, access to their credentials and accreditation records managed by SmartDegrees, based on information obtained directly from the User’s university.
- The management of all your requests for information and claims.
- Inform you, by any means, including the sending of commercial communications to the email address that you provide us, of SmartDegrees products and services.
- The preparation of a “commercial profile”, based on the information provided, in order to be able to offer you products and services, our own or those of third parties, adapted to your interests, and thus improve your experience as a User. In this last point we always require your consent, which you can revoke at any time through email@example.com
- The anonymization of your personal data for statistical and analytical purposes.
- The processing and communication of their data to the corresponding public administrations in order to comply with legal obligations.
III.- What is the legitimacy for the treatment of your personal data?
- The legal basis for the treatment of the data for the purpose (a) and (b) is the execution of the contract for the provision of services.
- The legal basis for the treatment of the data for the purpose (c) will be both the consent of the User, in case it has been requested and granted, and the legitimate interest of SmartDegrees in bringing to your knowledge products or services similar to those that you have previously acquired.
- The legal basis for the treatment of the data for the purpose (d) is the consent that could have been requested to the User, without in any case the withdrawal of the same condition the execution of the contract for the provision of services. The personal data of the User will not be processed for these purposes in case SmartDegrees has not requested their consent.
- The legal basis for the treatment of data for the purpose (e) will be the legitimate interest of SmartDegrees to optimize the provision of its services and analyze the operation of its business.
- The legal basis for the treatment of the data for the purpose (g) will be in compliance with a legal obligation applicable to the controller.
The User knows and accepts that the non-completion of certain personal data will prevent SmartDegrees from providing all those services linked to such data. Under no circumstances will SmartDegrees give in, exploit these data or use them for any other purpose than that expressly indicated here. During the registration process, the User will be informed of the non-obligatory nature of the collection of some of the data for the provision of SmartDegrees services.
IV.- How long do we keep your personal data?
SmartDegrees will keep the data of its Users for the duration of their contractual relationship and after that, the data will be kept for promotional actions for a period of two years, for other types of contacts the data will also be maintained for a period of two years from last interaction, or for a longer period if the User has given us a specific consent for it or there is another legitimate basis for the treatment of your data, of which we will inform you accordingly. All of the foregoing, without prejudice to the conservation that is necessary for compliance with legal obligations, the formulation, exercise or defence of potential claims and/or whenever permitted by applicable legislation.
V.- Who has access to your personal data?
An optimal provision of the service offered by SmartDegrees may require other third-party SmartDegrees service providers to access the personal data of the User as the person in charge of the treatment.
Your personal data may be transferred to third parties with which the user interacts, in order to provide a correct provision of authentication services and information accreditation by electronic means. The provision of the services will also involve the exchange of relevant information with the corresponding university to carry out the identification and accreditation services contracted by the User.
In addition to the foregoing, SmartDegrees may make transfers or communications of personal data to meet its obligations to the public administrations in cases that are required in accordance with the legislation in force at any time and, if applicable, to other bodies such as Forces and State Security institutions and Judicial institutions.
VI.- What are the rights of the Users?
SmartDegrees informs the User about the possibility that it assists to exercise the rights of access, rectification, opposition, deletion, portability and treatment limitation as well as to reject the automated processing of personal data collected by SmartDegrees.
These rights may be exercised free of charge by the User, and in his case who represents him, by written and signed request sent to the following address: C/ Eloy Gonzalo 30 2nd A, Madrid. That request must contain in the subject the reference “Data protection” and must include the following information: name and surname of the User, address for the purposes of notifications, photocopy of an identity document or passport, and the request being the purpose of the communication. In the case of representation, it must be proved by a reliable document. Likewise, the User may exercise the aforementioned rights through the email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the foregoing rights, the User shall have the right to withdraw the consent granted at any time through the procedure described above, without such withdrawal of consent affecting the lawfulness of the treatment prior to its withdrawal. SmartDegrees may continue to treat the User’s data to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Likewise, when the treatment of the User’s personal data for the purpose (c) is based on the legitimate interest, the User may oppose it.
SmartDegrees reminds the User that they have the right to file a claim with the relevant control authority.
VII.- Drop in the service of sending commercial communications
As mentioned in the previous section, the User has the right to revoke at any time the consent given for the sending of commercial communications with the simple notification to SmartDegrees by which he informs that he does not wish to continue receiving commercial communications. For this purpose, the User may either revoke his consent in the manner described in the previous section or click on the link included in each commercial communication thus cancelling the sending of electronic commercial communications.
VIII.- What security measures are implemented?
SmartDegrees is committed to fulfilling its obligation of secrecy of personal data and its duty to keep them, and will take the necessary measures to prevent alteration, loss, treatment or unauthorized access, in accordance with the provisions of applicable regulations.
SmartDegrees has implemented the security measures of technical and organizational nature necessary to ensure the security of your personal data and prevent their alteration, loss and treatment and / or unauthorized access, given the state of the technology, the nature of the stored data and the risks to which they are exposed, whether they come from human action or from the physical or natural environment, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations.
SmartDegrees may use “cookies” when browsing your websites. “Cookies” are files sent to a browser by means of a web server for the maintenance of the browsing session, storing the IP address of your computer and other possible browsing data. The “beacons” are electronic images that allow the website to count the number of visitors and Users that have entered a particular website and access certain “cookies.” Thanks to the “cookies”, it is possible that the SmartDegrees server recognize the browser of the computer used by the User; in this way, it is intended to facilitate navigation and improve the user experience, as well as to measure the audience and traffic parameters (through “beacons”), monitor the progress and number of entries, using the information contained in the “cookies” in a disconnected manner with respect to any other personal data that may exist from the User.
The User has the possibility to configure his browser to be warned on the screen of the reception of “cookies” and to prevent its installation on his hard disk.
For more information, access the Cookies Policy section.
SmartDegrees may use its own and third-party cookies to improve its services and display advertising related to the User’s preferences by analyzing their browsing habits and generating the corresponding profiles. If you continue browsing, we consider that the User accepts its use. You can change the configuration or get more information here. To continue on the web page without advertising cookies based on profiles, click on the “X” button in the upper corner of this message.